This is the recommended brewing method for getting acquainted with Empirical Water. Just placed your first order? Start here.
- Maximize richness and emphasize thick texture.
- Ratio: 1:15
- Grind: Medium-fine.
- Temperature: Rolling boil for the first trial, as a control. Adjust temperature as desired for subsequent trials.
- Brewer: Ceramic cup or mug - To absorb heat from the brew, allowing for extended brew times with minimal harshness.
- Pour the grounds into the ceramic cup or mug.
- Pour the boiling water directly at the coffee grounds using a slow pour rate, in order to wet and degas all coffee evenly. Aim at the dark spots and maintain a slow pour for the full volume.
- Sink any floating grounds with a spoon, then skim the surface for remaining debris.
- Just before the brew is cool enough to drink, about 8-10 minutes in, stir the entire brew to thoroughly distribute all the grounds in a temporary suspension. Let sit for a minute, then taste.